Social Media Specialist
Do you LOVE building communities? Do you love engaging with others and forming connections? Do you get excited by creating and communicating through Social Media? Yes! Awesome. We can’t wait to meet you.
At ecologyst, we are building an online community. We are also interconnected with so many other online communities that inspire and teach us every day. We are looking for someone that shares a passion for relationships, education and making someone’s day. You get to create the ultimate experience for our online customers. You are responsible for delivering inspiring and thought-provoking content that engages conversation. You are a voice of choice, environmental stewardship, and responsibility. ecologyst is here to leave it better than we found it. One connection at a time.
- You are responsible for curating content across our social media channels. You plan out our weekly content to drive both engagement and sales.
- You are the leader in all community engagement on ecologyst’s social media channels.
- You deliver thought-provoking, insightful and beautiful content to our customers that builds our following and directs people towards our site and other channels.
- You provide an exceptional online experience. Your goal is to bring life to what we do through online engagement. You are always looking for new ways to build the digital experience. You surprise and delight our community with valuable content that people want.
- You manage our communications with social media influencers/ambassadors
- You use the insight tools within the social platforms, as well as third-party tools, to optimize content and report against your KPIs. You are both data driven and creative.
- You work closely with the rest of the eCommerce team and marketing team to align campaign messaging, product stories, and influencer content.
- You are a product and brand expert. You love to learn and teach.
- You have a deep understanding of our customers and build content that inspires further conversation and engagement.
What you bring:
- You thrive working with ambiguous concepts and turning them into concrete actionable plans for our social channels
- Strong background in: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube with clear understanding of metrics and how to interpret them.
- Copywriting is your jam!
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe CC Softwares, in particular, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom. Experience with Premiere and InDesign an asset
- Experience using social media management tools like Later, Hootsuite etc.
- Clear communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset. You are a hustling can-doer.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
To apply for this role please email your resume, cover letter, and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time and Part Time available
The ecologyst Educator’s role is to inspire and educate. Your main role is to provide the ultimate experience for our customers. You are responsible for delivering product knowledge, connecting with your community, in-store merchandising, customer service, inventory management and engagement through conservation of the natural world around us. Our goal is to have our customers leave our stores having learned something new from their experience and empowered to make choices because of it.
- Product Education: communicate the features and benefits of our product assortment authentically through storytelling and connection. You treat our customers the same as you would a guest in your home.
- Culture: You are committed to leaving the world better than you found it. You bring fun, respect, authenticity, excitement, passion, and knowledge to what you do every day.
- Community: You love people and you love our planet. You can’t wait to connect with others over favourite travel spots, the cities best hikes or your secret surf spot. You also know where to find the best local artists, craft beers, and fish tacos. You think Vancouver Island is beyond rad and can’t wait to share it with everyone you meet.
- Mentoring, Training and Employee Development: You not only participate in training opportunities but you are the first to offer a hand to others and show them how to succeed in everything they do. You are proactive in your ongoing education regarding the company, reporting, products, the environment and the retail industry.
What you bring:
- You are passionate, respectful, outgoing and genuinely like helping people.
- You are a great communicator. You are self-motivated but also work well as part of a team.
- You love to build things. Communities, teams, and campfires (and so much more!)
- Organization is your jam and you are known for your attention to detail.
- You are always looking to do more with less. Your philosophy on life is fewer things more experiences. And man can you tell a great story.
- You love the outdoors and are motivated to leave it a better place. You are an advocate for positive environmental impacts and are always looking to do more than just your part to make a difference for the natural world.
- You are an individual. You are self-aware, confident and take responsibility for your actions.
- You are flexible to work Monday to Sunday, including evenings and weekends.
To apply for these roles please email your resume, cover letter, and/or portfolio to email@example.com
Paper resumes will not be accepted.
All applicants must be willing and comfortable with learning and working on the retail sales floor.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with customers, co-workers, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.