The Slim Fit Denim
ecologyst men's premium jean. Made with Japanese 15 oz. 100% organic cotton selvedge denim.
- 100% organic cotton
- 15 oz. Japanese selvedge denim
- Button fly closure
- Classic 5 pocket design
- Rivets and bartacks at all stress points for durability
- All critical seams double topstitched flat felled
- leather label with tree at back right
Model is 6'4" and wearing size 32. The Slim Fit Denim is a medium rise and slim throughout the entire leg. Heavier than your average denim and quite rigid to start, these jeans require a few weeks to break in.
Our 100% organic cotton 15 oz selvedge denim is made in Japan. Quality over quantity - Selvedge denim is made using vintage low speed looms called shuttle looms. The weft yarns weave the fabric back and forth along the loom and on each pass, the shuttle seals the edge of fabric creating a "self-edge" Requiring skill to operate, the end result is a denim with a hand-woven feel that cannot be mass produced. Japanese raw denim is also praised for its fading properties, which is achieved through the process of rope dying. The cotton yarns are bundled into a rope and then dipped in a sequence of indigo dye baths. What's important is the yarns are never left in the indigo dye long enough to penetrate to the core of the yarn. The core remains white while the outer circumference of the yarn is dyed with multiple layers. Through washing and wearing the denim made of rope dyed yarns will gradually shed layers of indigo and reveal the white core. The result is unique for each wearer.
Made in Canada
Take care for your garments to extend the life-cycle.
- Only wash when necessary
- Turn the jeans inside out, fasten the front buttons or zippers and soak the jeans in a tub of cold water
- If the jeans are very dirty use a small amount of biodegradable soap or detergent
- Gently scrub the jeans and let them soak for about an hour
- Remove the jeans from the tub and rinse with water to remove any leftover dirt, dye or detergent
- Ring out any excess water, and finally hang them to dry
Made to last. We make quality goods that stand up in the wild. Wear and tear are inevitable, so we offer a repair program to keep your gear going strong.
If the zipper on your hoody isn't working quite right, or a button comes loose—we have you covered. Reach out to our team to set up your gear repair at email@example.com. A typical repair takes about two weeks.
We’ll happily exchange, refund or offer store credit for any goods that are not up to snuff. If something’s up, please come see us or get in touch. We want you to love what you’ve got and wear it for a lifetime.
What We Can Fix: Loose threads, hems or buttons and zippers that are acting funny
What We Can’t Fix: Damage through accident, misuse, or wear over a product’s practical lifespan. Spills and stains